Monday, May 16, 2011

A Cute Way to Help Kids Remember....

To help my kids remember a particular reading, writing, or math rule, I give that rule their name.  I post the rules in the front of the room and always have the kids looking up there if they forget.  For example, today we did a review sheet on even and odd numbers.  Some of the kids forgot, so I told them to look at the "Jayden Rule."

I will usually assign the rule to either someone who really knows and understands how to use it or I will to someone who doesn't really understand it   Either way, the kids feel like "experts" and they will never forget it!  They love this and are always asking to have a rule!


Here are some of the rules:


Separator

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm sure the kids are proud to see their own name and you're right, they probably never forget that rule! I'll have to try that next year.
    F is For First Grade

    ReplyDelete